Summertime is full of travel plans for most. But being prepared is essential to having a smooth, stress-free vacation. At Destination Fun Travel, one of the best Overland Park travel agencies, we understand the need to be prepared for all things travel. Here is a list of the essentials for summer travel.
- Sunglasses and Hats. This is the most forgotten item of all and why the tourist shops are full of them. Most people forget to bring their favorite pair of sunglasses or head covering because it takes up space and you don’t’ think you will need it. However, it is essential for summer travel. Hint from one of the best Overland Park travel agencies: Try packing clothes inside of your hat to save space and keep the shape of your hat at the same time.
- Socks and a Warm Sweater. Most people don’t’ consider this in their summer packing list, but in the evenings or at a hotel, the weather can get chilly even in the summer. Having a warm sweater and socks to slip on doesn’t take up much space but makes all the difference on a chilly evening.
- Bring an Extra Swimsuit. Travel agents in Overland Park know there is nothing worse than putting on a cold and wet swimsuit when headed out. It’s nice to have two that you can switch out so you can dry one while wearing the other.
- Sunscreen. Sunscreen can cost twice as much, if not more, at a souvenir shop instead of your local store. Packing a non-arenol tube of sunscreen will save you money and an extra stop while at your destination.
- Disinfectant Wipes and Hand Sanitizer. You never know when you won’t have access to a bathroom to wash your hands or need to clean off a dirty surface. Travel agents in Overland Park suggest packing these in your bag as you will not only protect you and your family from germs, but it will help you do away with sticky hands from spilled items during you drive or flight.
- Hydration like Lotion, Mist, and Eye Drops. One of the most significant complaints of plane travel is dried-out skin. It can be painful if you are not properly prepared. Make sure you have a travel lotion or mist for your face, hands, and other dried skin areas. Eye drops are often forgotten so be sure to grab those as eyes tend to dry out during travel.
- A Water Bottle. Most airports now have a water fill station. Keeping a water bottle full to stay hydrated not only protects your body from dehydration, but you can feel good about saving the environment also.
At Destination Fun Travel, one of the very best Overland Park travel agencies, we know all things travel. Packing is no different, and we know how to be prepared for your summer vacation. Give us a call at 913-244-4343 or visit our website for a free quote on how we can start planning your next summer getaway.